Saturday, May 10, 2008

Saturday Ride


Just got back from a nice afternoon ride on a beautiful sunny May day. I rode out north of Sellersburg, and then came back on some of the country roads between Utica and Charlestown.
This first picture is from a clump of irises that were growing on a corner I passed.
My bike is taking a rest near a field of wild flowers, and finally here is a very happy cow out in her field.


Earlier today Kate and I, plus her dad, walked the Thru the Zoo 5K. It was a nice course, that went out away from the Zoo at first, wandered through a park, and then circled back into the Zoo to finish up. Kate and her dad had registered for it, but I walked it "bandit" (I didn't pay to do it).
Then we had softball practice, but only one other person showed up for it.
Then we just came home a took a nap, making for a nice relaxing day.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lug Bros. said...

Love the photo of the bike in the flowers! That's a perfect summer scene (if a little early)!