Saturday, September 13, 2008

Knobs and a Near Miss

Lately I have kind of gotten tired of riding the roads close to our house over and over again, so I decided to drive up to Memphis, IN, which is about 16 miles north of Utica to ride. The ride turned out to to be a little hillier than I had planned, as I ended up riding up to knobs and several smaller hills, but hey, it was still a fun, though really hot ride, and I got to ride on Whiskey Run Road (great name huh). Anyway, on my ride I had passed several spots that made me think about stopping and taking some pictures, but didn't, but I though that the cows were pretty funny, sitting and standing there looking at me like I was some sort of alien.

As for the near miss, after I took this picture, I started riding again, but only made it about 100 ft down the road when I heard this really strange sound, like a stick cracking. Actually, that is exactly what it was, a big branch came crashing down through the trees just about where I had been standing just a minute before. Needless to say that kind of freaked me out a little bit. But I guess I was just lucky today.

The second picture is of the final slopes of one of the knobs that I rode down (thankfully not up) today, yet again, it is a lot steeper than it looks in the picture, but it definitely is one around here than doesn't look like it belongs in Indiana.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: