Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Buy a watch from a Tough Guy


Sam was excited this weekend to try out his baby backpack. He says that he feels really tough riding up so high, and he sure shows it, by flexing his muscles like that. He is so big already that we had to put the harness on the lowest setting, and move the shoulder straps to the top of the pack. Hopefully he will continue to like it when we head up to Chicago this weekend.


Summer is in full swing in Indiana and the spring wheat has been cut.


I realized a stupid life-long goal with weekend and got a fake Rolex watch, thanks to Charlton's parents - Thanks, Charlest and Selene.
Fake Rolexs have always seemed to me to be the epitamy of the fake products (plus all the bad old movie lines about seedy guys trying to sell people watches from their trench coats), and so one time when Charlton was telling me about all the counterfeit stuff that is available from the markets in Dubai, I asked him if you could get a fake Rolex, and he said yeah there were lots of them. So, anyway, I asked him to ask his parents to get me one the next time they came to visit, and low and behold they did.
It is pretty amazing how close to real it looks.
(In all honesty it is probably the nicest watch I have owned, which is not many - so I am actually wearing it).
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

sandy said...

all he needs is a tat!

Kate said...

Yeah, a heart with "MOM" on it! :)