Friday, July 3, 2009

Here's a good summer post! The new Yebisu beer: Creamy Top Stout. I'm guessing it's only available on tap, since I haven't seen it advertised and since I don't see how it could be the same out of a can, but I'll keep my eyes open for it in the stores (especially since it's pricey in the pubs). But it was a nice companion to dinner outside last night in Hibya Park in central Tokyo. (I would have preferred human company, but it was not to be.) Hibya Park was once part of the Imperial Palace gardens and it's actually quite a nice space, with European roses gardens and Japanese ponds and rocks. Also there are four or five restaurants and cafes spread out throughout the park with some of the nicest views of any restaurants in Tokyo. Since Hibya Park is in the middle of the finacial and governmental districts, it's not really a very fashionable place or a weekend destination, but the fact that it's relatively less crowded adds to it's charms. Definitely a destination for visitors to Tokyo, as long as the Yebisu's still on tap!


No comments: