Monday, August 17, 2009

What's up with Lug Bro Deuce? A run yesterday and a ride today?! I guess Britta's quip about how I "used to be so outdoorsy" hit somewhere close to home. That's me in the second picture trying to look like a cover model from Outside Magazine. In the third picture I gave up and gave it a goofy smile.

My ride was short. It was getting dark. Oh, for the light-until-late evenings of Northern Michigan! The lowlight of the ride was getting smacked in the face by a flying cicada. It was large enough to hurt. I wish I could say I had the linguistic control of my namesake. To write my outburst would require liberal
use of asterisks, exclamation points and at-marks. He smashes his finger and remains cool; I hit a bug and go cra-a-zy.

The highlight of the ride was talking to the man walking his cat. It's hard to see in the last picture, but that's a cat on the leash. Well-behaved, but he makes his owner wait until he's ready to move on. The cat has no doubt as to who is leading whom.

Who knows how long this fitness streak is going to last, but if the days stay as cool and beautiful as they have been since we got back I will be eager to be outside.


1 comment:

Lug Bros. said...

Cool pics. Nice jersey by the way. Hey, whether you ride a lot or not, it still is just nice sometimes to go out and get a nice spin in, especially on late summer evening (well, as long as it is cool).