Sunday, November 18, 2007

Grey

Okay, so here is a post that is actually about a bike ride and not alcohol! Actually, this post should have been from yesterday, but I did not feel like carrying the camera on my ride then, so these pics will have to suffice.

Yesterday was a sunny bright fall day with the temps in maybe the low fifties. I was planning on doing an organized with my new team, but I was a little late in leaving the house to get to the ride, and when I got there, I realized that I had forgotten my shoes. Oh, well, missed that ride.

So I just came home and rode on my own. I rode out east of Utica on some roads that I have written before and some that I have not, so I got to do some exploring too, which is actually one of my favorite things to do on my bike. My route yesterday included some big hills which were pretty tiring. The last 10 miles or so were all riding directly into the wind. I certainly was pushing myself to my limit yesterday as in the last few miles I really started to bonk.

So, on to my ride today. I needed a recovery ride, so I just rode one of my normal loops, which is a 22 mile loop up to Sellersburg and back. I didn't ride much above 17 mph for the whole ride and when I tried to ride harder, my legs would not respond.


The first picture here is of the golf course that Dad and I haved played a couple of times, the grass is starting to die off. The next is of a minature horse that lives just outside Sellersburg that I see most days when I either ride or drive to work. He lives with two full sized horses, but today he was the only one out when I rode past.

The third picture is the backside of another farms pastures where a small stream runs under those tree trunks, it is a nice peaceful setting.


This final picture is of Indiana's equivalent of Mount Ventoux, except it is about 9,900 ft. shorter than the one in southern France.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: