Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Sunday, Sunday

Sunday afternoon is among my favorite time to be out riding my bike, as it is usually quiet and there are few people around, especially during the fall. And this last Sunday was one of those days.

I decided to forgo doing a cross race this week and so instead of driving up to Cincy, Kate and I just stayed home and ran errands all day and baked 100 cupcakes.

Kate was going over to knitting a little early, so I decided to head out for my ride around 4. This Sunday was the first day after the time change, so it meant that the sun would start setting around 6 now instead of 7, which also meant that I needed cut my ride from the 40 miles I had hoped to do down to around 30.

The weather is finally starting to feel more like fall, and Sunday was a beautiful sunny, but nippy day for riding. I had meant to bring the camera along but forgot it. Weatherwise, the only problem was that a really stiff wind was blowing out of the west, and that just happened to be the direction I was riding for the first half of my route.

I rode up to Sellersburg and then past the cement plant out to Brick Church road (I know that these road names mean nothing to most of you reading this), and ultimately turned to come back on Charlestown Memphis road (which becomes Bethany Rd after a turn). It was nice to be riding some of the backroads again, as it had been a while since I had ridden them due to racing, loss of day light to ride in, and vacation.

Ultimately I had a nice hard ride, but I did not have the energy to throw in any sprints like I probably should have to keep my fitness up for cross, oh, well, I am not really worried about that.

No comments: