Thursday, June 5, 2008

The heat is on

Summer has officially arrived here in the Ohio valley, as the temprature was above 90 degrees today, and the humidity was already clinging to everything. I waited for a while after work to go for a ride, hoping that it might cool down just a tad, but I don't think that it did. I was just doing a shake-out ride tonight, taking it easy and kind of stretching my legs for my race this weekend.
I did one of my usual routes, heading outwards Charlestown and then riding some of the country roads between Charlestown and Sellersburg, before coming home through Sellersburg. I had the wind at my back heading out, and felt really good as I was cruising along at 37 kph with what felt like little effort. But I certainlhy paid for that on the way back, as I was riding into the wind most of the the way home.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: