Friday, June 13, 2008

Many rides

Okay, these photos are from several different rides that I have taken lately. Riding has been kind of frustrating lately due to the fact that I have been having some bike trouble and also because of the weather. In a one day period it seemed to go from 80 degrees and no humidity to 95 and something around 65-75% humidity, which makes for some increditibly lousy riding. This top pic is from a ride last Sunday that started out well, but at around 23 miles into the ride my legs just kind of quit working and I ended up crawling back home.

Then my bike trouble hit. Or should I say, it was all my fault. I used to think that I was a decent bike mechanic, well come to find out, I was the one who was causing all the trouble with my bike because I had failed to install my cranks correctly after I had taken them off to fix something on my bike. In the end I I trashed both my crankset and bottom bracket. Ugh.
Well, anyway, here is a picture of an Indiana dream house that I found on my ride last night. It comes with unlimited choices for bathrooms, that is one benefit with all those trees around.
On a nicer note, here are some day lilys that I passed on my rain shortened ride tonight. When I saw them I stopped to take a pic and get the wheat field behind them.
Here are my new cranks - 10 speed Campagnolo Record crankset from just before Campy started making outboard bearings. These are really nice to ride, probably the stiffest cranks that I have ever ridden (actually i think that this design might be my favorite crank design of all time) - yes, yes, such a complete and utter bike nerd, oh well.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: