Sunday, August 10, 2008

Mid Summer Ride


It has been a while since there was a new post on the blog, so here goes.

Last week the we had the hottest weather so far this summer, we had our first 100F day last Saturday, but luckily, this weekend was anything but hot. The last few days have been wonderful, with tempratures in the 70s and 80s, and bright sun.

Yesterday I drove out to Lanesville, IN to do a 60 mile ride with the local club. It was fun to ride on roads that I have not ridden on before. Today after a day of cleaning the house since Kate was hosting her knitting group, I headed out for what I hoped would be another long ride. I had hoped to make it up to some of the knobs, but as I got out on the road, I found that the it was far windier than I had thought.


In the end, I rode up to Deam Lake, a recreation area between Sellersburg and Borden. The sky was an amazing blue with big cumulus clouds.
I have been reading one of those DK guide books about Provence that I brought home from my library, and one of the areas of Provence is called the petite Luberon, and so the description of that area in the south of France was on my mind when I took this picture of knobs from a field on the road to Deam Lake.

Here is a pic of my bike with my new wheels on it. They are a set of Easton Tempest II. I got these wheels for a set of lightweight, fast race/hard training wheels, and so far they have been great. The spin up fast, hold speed well, and are much lighter than any other wheelset I have ever had.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: