Sunday, November 16, 2008

Yet more Video!

Here is yet another video from my race today. I am not sure who is taking all the views of these races (well, yes, I do know his name, Corey Green) but I could not point him out at the races.

I am the guy in the plain gray jersey (I didn't wear my Bolla stuff today)


Promotion Cross - Rear Camera from Corey Green on Vimeo.

Today's race was in Lexington, at Veterans Park, which in the past has been one of my favorite courses. However it has been at least 3 years since I raced there and the course has changed quite a bit in that time. The region has had quite a bit of rain in the past few days, and so in addition to a new course, the ground was also quite wet and muddy. I had quite a time getting to the race, because I forgot the directions this morning and so had to stop at a gas station in Lexington to ask how to get to the park. Then when I got there I ended up having a flat time about 5 minutes before the start of the race, so between those two things, I had very little time to warm up.

So, here is how the race went for me. I did get past the guy do the video and was riding in 4th place for awhile, then got passed on the 3rd lap, so I was trying to hang on for 5th. I was riding okay at that point, but dropped my chain going over one set of the barriers and then crashed towards the end of the 3rd lap. Also the conditions and the course did not suit my strengths, as there were too many starting and stopping points, and I started to fade by the start of the 4th lap. I was passed by four other racers in the last lap and while I did try to hang with them, by the end of the race I was just happy to finish up. I still placed in the top 10 and came home was an extremely dirty bike.

No comments: