Monday, February 16, 2009

Beer Reviews

It has been awhile since we had a beer review on Lug Bros, so here are two beers that I have been enjoying lately.

The first is Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA, a supposedly even hoppier version of Sierra Nevada than usual, which is funny because it actually tasted less hoppy than most of the Sierra Nevada regular brew that I have had. This was possibly due to the slightly higher alcohol content than the regular beer (7.2% versus 6.5%).

All in all a very enjoyable and drinkable beer.



The other beer is Celis Grand Cru, a Belgian inspired beer from the Michigan Brewing Company in Webberville. This is a Belgain golden ale with various spices and Curaco orange peels added during the brewing process. It has a nice tangy taste, has quite a bit of carbination, and a surprisingly sweet finish (lots of sugars) (Yes, I know that I sound just like Michael Jackson with that review). I was surprised to find this beer down here in Indiana, but the Keg (the local good beer store, has quite a selection of Michigan beers) as I had never heard of this brewery before. The beer is actually the creation of Pierre Celis, the brew master behind Hoegardeen from Belgium. This has become one of my favorite beers.

No comments: