Saturday, February 28, 2009

North American Handmade Bicycle Show


Today I attended the 2009 North American Handmade Bicycle Show, probably the biggest custom bike show in the country. This is a show that I have known about for years and always wanted to attend, but it has never been close enough for me to go to, until this year, when it was in Indianapolis.

These are just a few of the photos that I took, I put the rest up on a Picasa Album (Link).

Most of the top builders from here in the United States were there, along with some famous interenational builders, such as DeRosa. Probably the best moment at the show for me was when I was at the booth of a Japanese bike builder called Cherubim. I knew of his bicycles from magazines that Dan had given me, and so I asked him for his autograph on one of his flyers, which he thought was hilarious. He did not speak English, but there was a translator there and the builder's wife did speak a little. Unfortunately, I did not get a picture of the bike that he had that I liked a lot (I thought that I had, but oh well).

Kate, Sam, and our friend Cat came along to Indy, but instead of going to the show, they went to see the new Indianapolis library.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: