Sunday, January 31, 2010

January Ride


Today was the my first outdoor ride of 2010 (I have been stuck on my indoor trainer until now), and it was also the one of the first sunny days it seems that we have had in the Ohio Valley for weeks, though it was still pretty chilly.

The Louisville area received our second measurable snow fall of the year yesterday (all of 1 or 2 inches), but by this afternoon all of the roads were clear enough to ride on. I headed out of town on Waterline Road and stopped to take a couple of pictures of the Battle Creek valley and then continued on up the road. I saw a balloon pff of High Jackson Road and was really surprised as I didn't know that balloons would fly when it was this cold. All I could think was that if I was as cold as I was on my ride, I am sure the people in the balloon must be just as cold, if not more so, being so high up in the air.

After that I turned for home, with the long shadows starting to appear as I rode back into Utica.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: