Monday, February 1, 2010

A few more pictures from the bike shop I stumbled across the other day. The parts weren't really for sale, since he uses them to build up whole bikes for people, and there's no question that those parts belong on a cool cro-moly frame (like my Buddi, I was thinking while I was in the shop, but frankly it would be hard to top what I've got for blending performance with retro style). You Lug Bros. out there might be more familiar with the frame manufacturers than I am (I know Colnago, of course, but the twin downtube frame?)

The name of the shop is Hip Hip Shake, frankly an awesome name on a number of different levels, some of them probably subconscious. No idea why he picked that. He was a musician and became famous, apparently, playing old pop and rock covers from American bands. And I suppose one's hips do shake when one rides (not a very efficient pedal stroke, perhaps, but still). They've got a website: http://www.hiphipshake.co.jp/

And after you check that out, head over to http://www.oldhands.jp/ to see some AMAZING frames.


No comments: