Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Washington Park, Portland


Saturday was by far the nicest day when I was in Portland. I hiked up to Washington Park, a 400 acre park near the top of Portland. It seems to be Portland's answer to Central Park, or if you combined Cherokee/Seneca Parks with the Louisville Zoo. It has a nice rose garden (of course none of them were blooming this early in the year), a Japanese garden (that I just took a quick picture of over the wall - too expensive to get in), and some amazing views of the city. In the first picture you can just make out Mount Hood in the back ground (it was much, much clearer in real life). While it was great to walk up to this park, my legs were hurting for two days afterwards, as I was not used to climbing such steep hills.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: