Tuesday, April 27, 2010



It's been a long time since I posted here and even longer since I posted a beer. I've been enjoying the Nest Beers (if I organize a tour of the brewery how many Lug Brothers do you think will show up?) but you all know about those so you don't need me to post them. This one, however, you might not know. I wish we had tried it when Henry was here. We saw it in the shop and he asked about it but I didn't really have anything to say. I'd seen it but not tried it and most of the "micro brews" I've tried here in Japan taste like more expensive versions of the same lagers you see everywhere. This one? Not knock-your-socks-off special, but more flavorful than most and less expensive than the Nest beers by a hundred yen a can/bottle. It's brewed in Nagano, in Karuizawa, a resort city that was a popular summer destination among expats a hundred years ago or so. I don't know that the brewery has any kind of history connected to that time, but the association must help sales. Let me know if you ever see it in the ol' United States.

2 comments:

Lug Bros. said...

Looks good. I will try to find it around here.

Henry said...

Next time ... Did I tell you that we can get the Nest White Ale here in our local supermarket? I haven't checked at the actual beer store (The Finger Lakes Beverage Center, an amusingly euphemistic name) yet.