Thursday, September 20, 2007

Happy Birthday Dan!

Tonight Linnea and I rode around the lake in honor of Dan's birthday. The Paramount and the Yee Haa were side by side until Linnea requested some space to ride no-handed. She did this, without incident along the pave part of the bike trail. When we got back on the road she held on with at least one hand. The evening was perfect, cool and sunny with a light wind. We saw lots of duck butts sticking up in the air, one sailboat and a few other bikers as we made our way around the lake. The Paramount is a great bike. I like the feel of the shifting very much. Though, for me it is really a five speed. Since we did not go far, I was able to push a bit going up the hill and managed to stay out of the easiest gear. We remembered to take photos after the ride. My favorite fall flowers, jerusalem artichokes, are in the background.
We did talk about the birthday guy as we rode and though of many biking trips from the past. Happy Birthday, Dan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad I could inspire a ride. I may have to hold off on my own birthday ride since there's rain in the forecast for tomorrow... but it's bright and sunny today, so Tomo and I will at least make it to the park on our bikes.