Saturday, February 2, 2008

Finally a new post

I know that it has kind of been quiet around here lately . . . . . . . crickets chirping.


But, hey it has either been too cold to ride outside or raining a lot here in the Ohio Valley. Not sure what the problem is out in Tsukuba, hem, hem.

Anyway, today was going to be a nice, sunny day, plus Kate was working, which meant I got to play :) (sorry, can't believe that I just made smiley face icon).

I ended up riding with one of my teammates out into Floyd County, which is the next county over from Clark. The ride went up into the Knobs (which is Indi-ucky speak for steep hills). However, the knobs we were climbing were preceded by several other climbs, so all in it turned out to be a lot of climbing today. But that was alright, cause I was riding in area that I have never ridden before. The first picture is from one of the valleys inbetween the knobs.
The second is what the back of my bike looked like at the end of the ride. While the weather was great riding, the roads were still wet in lots of places (actually there was quite a bit of mush and ice on the roads still). The ride ended up being about 2 hours and was probably around 35 miles total.


This last picture is of some hubs that I just purchased on ebay with the idea to build up a tubular wheelset for cyclocross. They are extremely light and nice and shiny (guess that is the magpie in me). Anyway, these hubs are unlike any that I have seen before, the center is titanium, while the flanges are aluminum. I figure that they should build up into a wheeleset that is around 1200 grams, which is almost a pound lighter than the lightest wheelset I have now.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Utica Town Folk said...

Sweet hubs man!

Anonymous said...

That top photo is a keeper!