Sunday, February 24, 2008

New Bike Stuff


I have added a few new upgrades to my bike and also just finished building my first ever set of wheels.
I put a new carbon fiber fork on my road bike to drop the weight and to make the ride quality better.

Also, here are some pictures of the wheels. I laced the front one radial, and the rear radial non-drive side and 3x drive side. I think that I have gotten them trued up pretty well, the real quesion is about the tension on the spokes. It feels like all the spokes are roughly the same tension, but I will have to take them to a bike shop to get them to check the tension.


I built them with the hubs that I won on ebay before and on some old Araya tubular rims that I had lying around, also I used double-butted Sapim spokes. Building wheels is something that I had always wanted to try, and it seemed to go a lot easier than I thought that it would, so either I got the knack of it early on, or these wheels will just explode when I put them on my bike and try to ride them.

I will keep you posted.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's to home-made wheels! Let's hope they don't explode!!

oldtrek said...

Way to go! I hope you have passed through the family curse on wheel building. They look great. Good luck on your first race.