Thursday, May 21, 2009

Giro d'Italia Time Trial Route

The route of the first time trial of this year's Giro ran along the coast of Ligure Sea. I had seen a few photos of the course on the various bike websites that I read, but then today, I found this photo of one of the town that was on the route. Thought that I would add this post to the collection of posts that could be called "wish I could ride in Italy." Towns and villages like this amaze me, I would assume that they would slowly fall into the sea (or quickly I guess if hit by an earthquake), but no, they cling to the end of the cliffs for centuries.

For those who care, today's 12th stage was won by Denis Menchov of the Rabobank team. Levi Leipheimer finished second, and moved into 3rd overall. Menchov also moved into the Maglia Rosa jersey, as the overall leader of the race.




1 comment:

shermanfleischer said...

Can you believe I've been there? (It's hard for me to...)

That's where I met Annie and Jim for a weekend back in 2000, in one of the villages of the Cinque Terre. I don't think we stayed in that exact village, but we may have hiked there. It was amazing.