Saturday, May 30, 2009

Lug Bros. Ride & More





What would a trip be to Michigan without a Lug Bros ride? Last Monday Dad and I went for a ride around Lake Cadillac and Mitchell. Dad kept pulling ahead, which I put down to his riding more modern technology than I was, as I was riding the Schwinn Paramount, which is almost as old as I am, and Dad was on his brand new Cannondale (although if you combine the age of the ride and the bikes, both of them come out to be 60 years old). It was nice to ride around the lakes, but we did have to take a slight detour on the way back to avoid the 20 mph winds coming off of the lakes.
The other pics are from my ride yesterday after work. I rode from the library in Charlestown so that I could ride some of the roads in that area that I like, but that I have not had a chance to ride in awhile. It was a near perfect day for riding, as you can see from the first picture, lots of big clouds, a little wind, and about 78 degrees. The second picture is from one of my favorite climbs in the area, it is not too steep (at least the first part) be kinds of snakes around a long ridge just east of Charlestown before throwing up a pretty steep last little section, all in all it was a 27km ride that took less than an hour.







No comments: