Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Miscellaneous


It has been awhile since I posted anything, so I thought that I would rectify that. We had a wonderful time last week when Grandma came down to take care of Sam, while his other Grandparents were in Florida. Even with all of the compliments that his mom and grandma gave him, Sam is still not certain that he really likes his leg warmers (which I can understand). He just keeps growing and changing on a daily basis and continues to amaze Kate and I.



We had an unfortunate accident on Monday night, when I decided to take Sam for a short ride in his bugger. I hooked up the trailer to the Paramount and off we went. I was just wearing my regular shoes and kept hitting my foot on the bugger hitch. Not really looking back, I tried to push the hitch down a little so that my foot would not hit it anymore. Next thing I know, the rear wheel locked up and I was struggling to pull my foot out of the pedal before I fell over. I did get the bike stopped safely, and got off it to look at what had happened, and as you can see from the pictures, it was not a pretty site. The bugger hitch had gotten caught in the rear spokes and the force of the wheel spinning bent the spokes in such a way that they pulled the rim all out of whack, its shape now resembles a potatoe chip. but at least the hub is still good. So, now I have to figure out if I think that I can rebuild these wheels (with differen rims).

Finally here is one days worth of rasberries that I picked this morning and evening. Thanks to the nuclear rich soil we seem to have around here, the rasberry bushes that we planted 2 years ago, are now nearly 7 feet tall and have tons of fruit on them. We just have to keep an eye on the birds so that they don't get too many of the berries.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: