Sunday, July 6, 2008

Le Tour and Donkeys


This weekend Mom (Linnea) came down to visit and we had a nice time with her. We mostly hung out around Utica, took the dogs for some walks, Mom took some walks to find fire works, we went to John and Sandy's for a cook out. We rearranged our new living room furniture 4 trillion different ways. We had John, Sandy, and Grammy out for dinner (and did more living room rearranging). Mom left around noon today and Kate and I took a nap this afternoon. After that, I headed out for what I had decided was going to be along ride.
I first rode up to Sellersburg, and past these donkeys, who had been trying to make more little donkeys just a minute before I took this picture (I am sure that the people who drove by me while I was standing there taking this picture thought I was a nut case).
After this I headed up into the Knobs, and rode out to Starlight, a small settlement where there is a huge tourist trap farm called Hubers. They have a small winery there, so here is my ode to France for the Tour. I then headed down one of the steepest hill that I have ridden down. I don't think that the picture does it justice. I was seriously contemplating getting off my bike and walking down.

At the bottom of this hill, I turned left and headed to the small town of Borden. I rode through town and headed up Daisy Hill, another Knob, and then came down on the other side through Farnsley Knob.

I am not sure how far the ride was, cause I accidently hit the reset button on my bike computer, but it was probably somewhere around 60 miles.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: