Sunday, July 13, 2008

Rain & Lemon Beer

This is how I spend my days when it is raining. It is not a lot of fun to ride my trainer during the summer because even with the air conditioning, I still end up sweating terribly. But I guess it is better than getting soaked all the time outside. I was also caught in a huge downpoar, which I will admit was worse than riding inside.

This weekend I am doing two races here in Louisville. Both of the races are criteriums, which are short, fast races, which are the races that I am the weakest at.

Yesterday's race was certainly lousy, as I got off to a bad start and never got near the front of the race. The leaders rode away and I was stuck chasing, but kept feeling like I was riding backwards. After awhile a group of riders who were in similar position to me formed up, and we started to pick off a number of riders a head of us. Unfortunately, it was too late as the group I was in got pulled out of the race with about 6 laps to go.

The frustrating part of this race was that I did not feel like I races as well as I could and because I thought that I had been training well and riding strong. Oh, well.

On other note, I stopped at the local good beer store yesterday and picked up this bottle of Stiegl beer. It was a mix of a pilsner and lemon soda. It is a cool bottle if for no other reason than its label. Actually that is about all that it has going for it, the stuff tastes pretty funny and has a nasty aftertaste.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: