Friday, July 18, 2008

Lug Bro. Segundo checking in here. My like of my family has finally overcome my dislike for computers. Sorry to have been away for so long. And the real funny thing is that this is actually a post, in part, about a ride! But first, in beer news...The top photo is of Anchor Steam Summer Beer. And let me tell you, it sure is summer here. The beer was good, light and refreshing, a little bitterer than the Yebisu that I usually drink. But it really begged to be enjoyed outside, in the warm light of the Northern Michigan summer evenings, on the front porch or in a garden. Summer beer is really garden beer. And I finally found Westmalle! And in Tsukuba, no less. They have Dubbel and Trippel. The Trippel's still in the fridge. At 9% alcohol it calls for a special occasion (and maybe a friend to share it with--anyone want to come over some time and split it with me?!)
It's been hot here, and super humid. The humidity is what really kills me. But a thunderstorm blew through today and left us with a nice evening. So I jumped on my bike and got a little ride in before the sun went down. I wasn't on the bike long, but it was enough time to enjoy the smells of summer after a rainstorm, the mosses and the trees and the veggies and the flowers in the fields. The only thing that would have made it better is a friend to share it with. I think we need a Lug Bros. reunion pretty soon.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: