Sunday, July 13, 2008

Norton Commons Crit



Today was my second day of crits. This race was at a development called Norton Commons which is just like the town from The Truman Show - there has got to be a bubble over it. It is called a traditional town development where everybody knows your name. The race was another 1/2 hour that started fast and stayed fast the entire time. But, unlike yesterday, I got a good start and was able to stay with the main group througout the race. There was one bad crash involving the leaders on the last lap and I finished on the lead lap about 10 seconds behind the winner. Kate, her mom, and grandmother came to watch the race. They found a nice shady spot on the corner to cheer me on. The funniest part of the race was that there was a "no cussing" rule enforced. I broke that rule.

We enjoyed some gelato after the race.

ps - Kate helped me write this. See if you can guess the parts that were commentary.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: